Black People Think I Look Like...

I've been living in Atlanta for over five years, and not a week goes by without a black person approaching me and telling me that I look like a celebrity. I resolved to take a picture of myself each time that happened, in the clothes I was wearing that day. Did a black person tell you that you look like somebody famous? Email me with a photo!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Hippie!


I was mowing my lawn on Saturday when a fellow named Bruce walked by and asked me if he could mow my lawn for $2. I don't know how much of a bargain that would be, because my front lawn is about the size of a postage stamp. I turned down his kind offer, but did agree to get a glass of water for him. When I brought him a glass of water, he asked me if anybody ever told me I looked like a hippie. I told him that people really didn't tell me that, but he insisted that it was true. Here's a picture that I snapped of myself with my camera phone shortly thereafter. Tune in, turn on, and finish mowing the lawn for chrissake!

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger papismami said...

Um, To be fair, "Hippie" is not a celebrity, or a famous person.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger The Saipan Blogger said...

This is quit possibly one of the best blogs ever. Brilliant!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Congrats-you are just generic enough to be a stand in for any white male!

It has been documented that people that differ in ethnicity have a tendency to generalize traits - thus the generalization that all (black/white/ italian/ jewish ect...) people look alike.

You should be happy that you have found a small group of people that feel that you have attributes that equate to celebrity, but really I think that everyone is making fun of you- Elton John was a stab at your glasses- not a true comparison.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Breezy said...

oh my crap, this is the best blog ever!

people don't compare me to celebrities, but i do have strangers approach me all the time to tell me that i look exactly like someone they know. i have doppelgangers in at least five different states :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home